You will study the methods used by leaders to resolve different types of conflicts.
Research about the following:
• Types of conflicts
• Levels of conflicts
• Conflict handling modes
Consider the statement "conflict can be both good and bad." Reflect on this statement and describe a time when you witnessed or experienced conflict in your personal or professional life.
Based on your research and experience, response the following questions:
• What are the four basic types of conflict? Describe them.
• Which type of conflict did you witness or experience?
• What are the five levels of conflict? Describe them. What was the level of conflict in your situation?
• Which of the five conflict-handling modes was utilized?
• What are the three conflict negotiation models? What are the goals and indicators of success of each? Were any of these models used to resolve the conflict you witnessed or experienced?
• Do you agree or disagree that "conflict can be both good and bad"? Give reasons and explain whether the conflict you witnessed was good or bad.
• Provide an additional example of both good and bad conflict in a healthcare setting.
Using the Scholarly Online Library or the Internet, research about the following:
• Thomas-Kilmann conflict mode instrument (TKI)
• Kraybill conflict style inventory (KCSI)
Now, choose one of these conflict styles in ventories and based on your understanding of the model, complete the following tasks:
• Describe your chosen conflict style inventory.
• Describe how the conflict style inventory was developed.
• Explain the pros and cons of the inventory.