Assignment: Penetration Testing Plan
A Penetration Tester evaluates the security of an information infrastructure by intentionally, and safely, exploiting vulnerabilities.
Use the Penetration Testing Plan Template to create a 3- to 4-page Penetration Testing Plan for the organization you chose. The 3-4 page assignment length requirement applies to the content of the assignment. Start the assignment with an APA formatted title page and add a reference section with at least two professional references. Use the references in the text of the assignment.
Research and include the following:
• Pentest Pre-Planning
o Engagement timeline: Tasks and who performs them
o Team location: Where will the penetration team execute their tests?
o Organization locations tested: multiple locations, countries (Export restrictions and government restrictions)
o Which pentest technologies will be used? Consider the following as you research options:
- Scanning Tools: Nmap, Nikto
- Credential Testing Tools: Hashcat, Medussa, John the Ripper, Cain and Abel
- OSINT Tools: Whois, TheHarvester
- Wireless Tools: Aircrack-ng, Kismet
- Networking Tools: Wireshark, Hping
o What client personal are aware of the testing?
o What resources provided to pentest team?
o Test Boundaries:
- What is tested?
- Social engineering test boundaries? What is acceptable?
- What are the boundaries of physical security tests?
- What are the restrictions on invasive pentest attacks?
- What types of corporate policy affect your test?
o Gain Appropriate authorization (Including third-party authorization)
• Pentest Execution Planning: Given the scope and constraints you developed in your Pentest Pre-Plan, plan the following pentest execution activities
o Gaining Access
o Maintaining Access
o Covering Tracks
• Pentest Analysis and Report Planning:
o Analyze pentest results
o Report pentest results.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.