Assignment: TIM-Review And Analyze Conference Venues In Knowledge Management
Barnes, S., & Milton, N. (2014). Designing a successful KM strategy: A Guide for the knowledge management professional. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. ISBN: 9781573877152.
Read Chapters 1 and 2
Read article: Serenko, A. A. (2013). Global ranking of knowledge management and intellectual capital academic journals: 2013 update [PDF document]. Journal of Knowledge Management, 17(2), 20p.
Read article: Koenig, M. E. D. (2012, May 4). What is KM? Knowledge Management Explained. KMWorld.
Association for Project Management. (2014, April 10). Courageous conversation: We really need to talk about knowledge management.
Watch Youtyube Video: Association for Project Management. (2014, April 10). "Courageous Conversation: We really need to talk about knowledge management 2014"
Watch Youtube Video: "Purushotham, D. (2015). Knowledge Management Basics - Learn and Gain | A quick Overview"
For this assignment, you will familiarize yourself with some of the top Knowledge Management conferences.
Select three conferences that interest you and do the following for each:
• Describe the types of papers and research being presented at the conference.
• Many conferences are comprised of several tracks. Describe each track and types of papers that are submitted to each track.
• Find three full papers presented in each conference, and write a report about each addressing the following:
1. What problems do they solve?
2. What was their methodology?
3. What are areas of future work/improvement?
4. What are some related works, and how does this paper build upon the body of knowledge of those works?
5. Why, in your own words, is work important?
Length: 5 - 7 pages, not including title page and references
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.