. Write a 250-word (minimum) response to each writing prompt below. You must meet the minimum word count for each response to get full credit.
· Your responses must include quotes from each text used to get full credit. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format.
· Put all writing assignments in ONE Microsoft Word document
· Choose a different author from the list below for each question. Use each author only once.
F. Scott Fitzgerald ("Babylon Revisited")
Willa Cather ("Neighbor Rosicky")
1. How would you describe the protagonist in the work of your first author? Clearly identify three of the protagonist's most important characteristics and supply examples that support your idea.
2. Using the definitions from the course lectures, discuss how the idea of naturalism or modernism is depicted in your author's work. For naturalism, you will be looking for ways that the characters are portrayed as victims of their society or economy
. For modernism, you will be looking for ways the text challenges traditional ideas and/or portrays the failure of the American Dream.
Give examples of the particular period you find in the story or poems.