Designing Team and Team Identity
Part 1: Think about how to build teams in terms of designing the task, selecting the people, and then, managing their relationships.
How would compose a team for completing a course/work project in terms of the three dimensions listed above. How would you incorporate diversity in designing a team?
Part 2: Discuss team identity. Why do you feel attached to certain groups and teams but not to others?
Read and respond to your classmates' posts. See class posting/discussion requirements.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week's Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Read a selection of your colleagues' postings.
Respond to at least 3 your colleagues' postings in one or more of the following ways:
• Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
• Share an insight from having read your colleagues' postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
• Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Campbellsville University Library
• Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
• Make suggestions based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
• Expand on your colleagues' postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion several times to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.