Analyze your volunteer experience by writing a 1,000 to 1,250 word reflection focused on your volunteer experience. Examine how volunteering enabled you to practice the principles of servant leadership. Reference and address the following in the paper.
- Summarize your servant leadership volunteer opportunity by sharing the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the experience.
- Which of Greenleaf's principles of servant leadership did you implement and learn the most about through completing the servant leadership experience? Provide examples in your discussion.
- Both Greenleaf and the biblical passages referenced in the various Topic Materials focus on the idea that power comes from giving it away and that taking the role of a servant can make one a leader. Discuss whether or not your servant leadership volunteer opportunity helped you to find yourself as a leader in this way. Provide supporting examples.
- Use examples from your servant leadership volunteer opportunity to discuss the idea that serving others as a leader might influence change or produce a positive impact for the greater good.
- Think about your personal leadership skills and style and discuss what your learned about yourself as a servant leader from completing the volunteer opportunity.
- Looking forward, how will you use what you have learned about the principles of servant leadership in your workplace, organizations with which you are involved, and in your personal life?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.