Role of the School Counselor in Crisis Management
A school counselor in training must understand the roles and responsibilities school counselors and internal and external stakeholders hold as members of interdisciplinary community outreach and emergency management response teams. The interactions between key responders are critical in effective crisis response. School counselors must demonstrate skill in fostering collaboration among these professionals and have the ability to self-evaluate their professional skills and identify strategies for continued professional development.
The goal of this assignment is to provide an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of these ideas and your ability to analyze your strengths and areas for growth. This assignment meets CACREP 2016 Standards 2. F 1c, 2. F 1k, 2. F 5f, and School Counseling Standard SC. 2e.
Based on the readings in this unit, complete the following:
1. Analyze the roles and responsibilities of the school counselor and key responders in crisis prevention, intervention, trauma-informed care, and crisis management.
- Discuss how counselors serve as members of interdisciplinary teams that respond to crisis events.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities a school counselor fulfills in crisis intervention, trauma response, and community outreach.
- Describe the distinct roles and responsibilities of key responders of a school-based crisis response team. Include a minimum of three internal (such as administrators or teachers) and three external (such as police or crisis counselors) in crisis response.
2. Analyze how a school counselor collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in crisis prevention, intervention, trauma-informed care, and crisis management.
Explain areas of strength and areas for growth to prepare to work as a school counselor in crisis management. Present your understanding of the characteristics and behaviors necessary to support effective crisis intervention, prevention, trauma-informed care, and emergency management response, and conduct a self-evaluation.
1. Identify three areas of strength and three areas for growth regarding the skills or characteristics you will need to work effectively as a school counselor in crisis management.
2. Explain the implications for practice as a crisis responder and specific strategies you will use for continued professional development.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines.
Format: All assignments must be submitted in one of three acceptable formats: DOC, DOCX, or PDF.
Resources: Use a minimum of 5 scholarly articles.
Length: 3 to 5 double-spaced, typed pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Attachment:- Role of the School Counselor.rar