Topic: Environmental policy and air pollution
Topic: My research agenda will focus on the reduction of air pollution which is carried out by making environment policies from both US federal government and Texas state government level.
The Policy Paper
Your task will be to prepare a formal research paper regarding the selected policy. The assignment is to be around 5 to 6 pages with in-text citations for your research. The minimum writing requirement is a 1000 of your own words or around 3 pages of a word document (excluding the cited information). The essay is to discuss each of the following prompts:
• An introduction and brief overview of the policy relationship.
• What are the major issues facing each level of government?
• What are the reasons for initiating changes to the policy?
• What are the options to be considered (discuss several)?
• What are the pros and cons of each potential reform (costs v. benefits)?
• Which is the best option moving forward (pick one)?
• A summary and conclusion
EPA. "Progress Cleaning the Air and Improving People's Health." EPA, Environmental Protection Agency, 14 Aug. 2018, www.epa.gov/clean-air-act-overview/progress-cleaning-air-and-improving-peoples-health.
Jarrell, Melissa L., et al. "How to Encourage Conflict in the Environmental Decision-Making Process: Imparting Lessons from Civic Environmentalism to Local Policy-Makers." Local Environment, vol. 18, no. 2, Feb. 2013, pp. 184-200.
Krupp, Fred. "Trump and the Environment." Foreign Affairs, vol. 96, no. 4, July 2017, pp. 73-82.