Support your work with peer-reviewed, government, and subject matter expert sources. Your paper will not be longer than 5 pages (excluding cover sheet and reference page).
The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (IRTPA). I RTPA addresses many different facets of information gathering and the intelligence community. IRPTA's eight titles reflect its broad scope:
• Title I - Reform of the Intelligence Community
• Title II - Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Title III - Security Clearances
• Title IV - Transportation Security
• Title V - Border Protection, Immigration, and Visa Matters
• Title VI - Terrorism Prevention
• Title VII - Implementation of 9/11 Commission Recommendations
• Title VIII - Other Matters, including a requirement that the Department of Homeland Security ensure that the civil rights and civil liberties of persons are not diminished by efforts, activities, and programs aimed at securing the homeland.
Answer the following questions:
1. What was IRTPA attempting to change?
2. In which areas does IRTPA directly affect intelligence support?
3. What additional topics still need to be addressed beyond IRTPA?