Project Assignment: Leadership And Organizational Power
Reflecting on your last meeting with Rae Marie, the new Vice President of Operations for MyShoppingSpreeTV, you acknowledge that she may have legitimate concerns about the employees in her department not yet trusting her position of authority. Effective leadership is a common and critical element of a successful organization. Not surprisingly, the period of leadership transition from the departure of a former leader and the hiring of a new leader can be seen as an unwelcome and resisted change.
If poorly managed, these transitions can create a turbulent period for the organization, leading to decreased organizational efficacy. Even well-established organizations can falter during and after a shift in power or change in leadership.
Research and identify methods and actions that will be required to sustain any change in leadership or shift in power. In a 750word response, identify ways in which leaders can build trust.
• Provide examples of evidence of trust within a work environment.
• Identify how Rae Marie can use office politics in a positive way to improve her leadership effectiveness.
• Create a list of actionable recommendations that will be required to sustain this change in leadership.
Keep in mind that transition periods offer organizations great opportunities for reflection, the rethinking of mission, and the reordering of priorities. However, they can also be times of great anxiety for employees. Often, the biggest challenge for the incoming leader in the first months is making relationship building a priority while addressing critical organizational issues.
For an organization, one of the biggest challenges is to resist the pressure to act too quickly by bringing in a new leader. Additionally, quite often, a change in leadership will also highlight other needed changes, that is, in staffing, systems, or structure. Therefore, one change may inevitably lead to subsequent changes. Although these changes can come in many forms, the organization can plan for change to be best prepared to advance the organization with a new strategy.
With the scenario in mind, design an action plan that would prepare the organization for a future executive leadership change.
Address the following in 750 words:
• In your plan, discuss the strategies you would recommend to guide the organization through an executive leadership change and a successful leadership transition for the MyShoppingSpreeTV organization.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.