Assignment: Project Plan Inception
This assignment consists of two sections: a project introduction and a project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
You are a newly appointed Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a $25 million dollar data collection and analysis company that has been operating less than two years. It is expected to grow by 60% over the next eighteen months. Your company currently collects data using Web analytics and combines it with operational systems data. Web analytics is an increasingly important part of most business marketing plans. Your company is looking for ways to leverage the collected data but wants to ensure that the information technology infrastructure will support the expected growth that the company is anticipating. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has given you sixty days to deliver a comprehensive information systems project plan to address the organizational growth that the company is experiencing. The company will be expanding from one floor to three floors within six months. Since this is a relatively new company, there is currently limited technology infrastructure to support the business. All information technology (hardware and software) must be redesigned to meet organizational needs. The solution should be implemented in either a hosted solution, on-site solution, or a hybrid model. The CEO is expecting you to integrate different technologies from different partners and incorporate industry best practices and cost-effective solutions in connection with the development of technological systems. In addition, the CEO is extremely interested in cloud computing technologies and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) but is leery of security issues that may be associated. However, he is sure that you will implement proper security protocols. The company currently consists of twenty employees of which four, including yourself, are dedicated to the IT organization.
Section 1: Project Introduction
1. Write a four to six page project introduction that documents the current state of the organization, expands upon the information given above, and includes the following:
o Background information of the company.
o Details regarding the type of business that the company is engaged in.
o A description of current outsourcing and offshoring activities.
o Identification of current skilled information systems personnel in position and responsibilities.
o The specific types of data that the company collects.
o A description of the information systems that the company currently has to support the business. The description at a minimum should include the following:
- Operational Systems and Databases
- Analytics and Interfaces
- Infrastructure and Security
o The use of at least two quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 2: Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
1. Create a project plan (summary and detailed) using Microsoft Office Project. The project plan should:
o Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
o Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
o Develop in accordance with the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.