Review Case Study: National Collegiate Athletic Association Ethics and Compliance Program
Create a four to six (4-6) APA 6th ed. page paper in which you:
1. Determine the fundamental ways in which the NCAAs ethics program failed to prevent the scandals at Penn State, Ohio State, and the University of Arkansas. Support your response with one (1) example from each of these schools scandals.
2. Examine the principal ways in which the leadership of the NCAA contributed to the ethical violations of Penn State, Ohio State, and the University of Arkansas. Support your response with one (1) example from each of these schools scandals.
3. Predict the key differences in the scenarios that occurred at Penn State, Ohio State, and the University of Arkansas if an effective ethics program was in place. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Postulate on two (2) actions that the NCAA leadership should take in order to regain the trust and confidence of students and stakeholders.
5. Recommend two (2) measures that the HR departments of colleges and universities should take to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. Provide a rationale for your response.
6. Use at least five (5) quality scholarly/peer-reviewed academic resources i
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are exluded in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes are:
Describe the business ethics issues and definitions, theories, and frameworks important to organizational ethical decision making and the role of a human resource professional.
Determine the role of stakeholder interests, the interrelationship of ethics and social responsibility, and the role of corporate governance in ethics.
Analyze scenarios to determine the ethical character of decisions made and the related impact on the organization.
Write clearly and concisely about issues in ethics and advocacy for HR professionals using correct grammar and mechanics.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in business ethics and advocacy for HR professionals.