Assignment: Litigation, Censures, And Fines
Research the Internet or Strayer Library for recent litigation, censures, and fines involving national public accounting firms. Examples of litigation cases against national public accounting firms include fines by regulatory authorities and censures by professional societies. To complete Assignment, find examples of litigation, censures and fines from within the past two years.
Write a three to four page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the primary accounting issues which form the crux of the litigation or fine for the firm and indicate the impact to the firm as a result of litigation or fine. Make sure that the examples you provide are from within the last two years. Provide support for your rationale.
2. Examine the key inferences of corporate ethics related to internal controls and accounting principles which lead to the litigation or fine for the accounting firm.
3. Evaluate the primary ethical standards of the accounting organization's leadership and values that contributed to approval of the accounting issues and thus created the litigation or fines in question.
4. Identify specific conduct violations committed by the organization and accounting firm in question. Next, create an argument supporting the actions against the organization and accounting firm, based on the current professional code of conduct for independent auditors and management accountants.
5. Make a recommendation as to how regulators and professional societies may prevent the type of behavior in question in the future.
Provide support for your rationale.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Determine the appropriateness of decision making in terms of professional standards and ethics.
• Apply advanced federal taxation concepts to business situations.