Assignment: Effects Of Price Changes
Price changes can have a significant impact on the overall economy of a nation. A product experiencing price change can lead to an exponential change in the prices of related products. The price of oil provides a good example of this concept. As oil prices increase, the price of gasoline also increases. As almost all products rely on gasoline, either in the production process or in the distribution process, the prices of these products also increase. As prices increase and incomes of consumers remain steady, spending decreases and products or services that have an elastic demand suffer. This assignment looks at some products you may be familiar with and allows you to analyze how price changes impact the overall economy.
Consider the last product or service you purchased for more than $50, excluding gasoline.
• If the price of that product or service went up by 10% overnight, how would you adjust your behavior in the short term?
• How would you adjust your behavior in the long term?
• If you decide not to buy this product again, what will you buy instead?
• Analyze who will be more sensitive to price changes in what kind of products.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.