Sustainable Living Guide Contributions, Part 2 of 4: Sustaining our Agricultural Resources
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read Chapter 3 in the Turk and Bensel's Contemporary Environmental Issuestextbook (2014).
The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this week's theme of sustaining our agricultural resources; second, to provide your second contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
• You will first need to select a term from the list of choices in the Term Selection Forum. Reply to the forum with the term that you would like to research. Do not select a term that a classmate has already chosen. No two students will be researching the same topic.
• Next, download the Assignment Template and replace the guiding text with your own words based upon your online research. Do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA format expectations.
In the template, you will
• Define the term thoroughly.
• Clearly relate the term to the week's theme.
• Explain how the term affects living things and the physical world.
• Relate the term to the challenge of achieving environmental sustainability.
• Justify if the term represents an obstacle to that goal, or perhaps a technique or technology that might promote it.
• Suggest two specific actions we can take to promote sustainability in relationship to this term.
• Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.