Assignment: ETHICAL ISSUES IN PSYCHOLOGY
Topic: Ethical Influences and Influencers
The legal landscape is perpetually changing. Psychologists must remain abreast of these changes to avoid potentially damaging issues to individuals and careers. In this assignment, you will consider the current federal and state legal issues discussed in the last two modules and their influence on psychology ethics.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Choose either a current federal or a current state issue which is influenced by and/or is influencing psychology ethics.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you discuss the influence of the selected issue. Include the following in your paper:
1. A detailed explanation of the issue.
2. A discussion of how the issue influences psychology ethics from an objective (scholarly) perspective.
3. A discussion of how the issue influences psychology ethics from a subjective (personal) perspective.
4. A discussion of how, if at all, the issue is influenced by current psychology ethics.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
1. Decoding the Ethics Code: A Practical Guide for Psychologists: Chapters 1 and 4.
2. Advocacy & Government Affairs:
a. Arizona Psychological Association. (2016). Advocacy & government affairs.