Assignment: Definition Of Race
Write a 525- to 700-word paper discussing the current view that race is a social construction supported by political realities.
Include the following:
1. How does this view compare with the traditional, biological view of race?
2. What are motivating factors for early Americans to construct race and racial categories?
3. Which approach - assimilation, melting pot, fusion and/or pluralism - matches most closely to the new definition of race in contemporary America?
4. Which definition of race do you support? Why?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.