1. Corporate rock artists realized the potential for maximizing popularity by doing stadium tours rather than smaller, concert halls. How did that increase the perception of living the "rock star lifestyle"?
1. "More Than a Feeling" by Boston is an example of blending blues-rock with progressive rock. How does the instrumentation add to the ebb and flow of the song? Where do believe the "hook" of the song begins? Elaborate.
2. The Sex Pistols were the first popular punk group from England. "Anarchy in the UK" offers an example of their attitude to mainstream English culture and authority. How does the music reinforce the lyrical stance? Does the performance present the group as a force or as merely a trend? Elaborate.
3. "My Best Friend's Girl" by The Cars shows an early example of New Wave crossing over to commercial radio. How does the music develop throughout the song? Are there poignant highlights that distinguish sections? Does the vocal delivery evoke an emotional response or is it void of emotion? What makes it "radio-friendly"?
4. Album Oriented Radio (AOR) represents a major shift in strategy for rock music in general. In spite of this focus on "big album" sales, some of the most popular rock music of the 70's comes during this time period, including albums like Rumours, Hotel California, and artists such as Queen, Rush, Heart, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seeger, Boston, Foreigner, Kansas, ELO and Journey. What is your position on the involvement of corporations in art? Elaborate. Does it affect your opinion of these artists or music?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.