Assignment: Developing The Corporate Strategy For Information Security
Imagine that you are working for a startup technology organization that has had overnight success. The organization's immediate growth requires for it to formulate a corporate strategy for information security. You have been recruited to serve as part of a team that will develop this strategy.
As part of the Information Security Strategy development, you are required to define specific Information Technology Security roles that will optimize and secure the organization's data assets.
Review the "Cybersecurity: The Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK)" textbook for information necessary to complete this assignment.
Write a five to seven page paper in which you do the following, based on the scenario described below:
1. The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for several functions within an organization.
a. Examine three specific functions a CISO and provide examples of when a CISO would execute these functions within the organization.
b. Specify at least three competencies that the CISO could perform using the provided Website titled, "Information Technology (IT) Security Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK): A Competency and Functional Frame-work for IT Security Workforce Development."
2. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for several accountability functions within an organization:
a. Identify at least four functions of the CIO using the EBK as a guide. Provide examples of how the CIO would execute these functions within an organization.
b. Classify at least two security assurances that could be achieved by the CIO developing a formal security awareness, training, and educational program.
c. Suggest methods, processes, or technologies that can be used by the CIO to certify the security functions and data assets of an organization on a day-to-day basis.
3. Describe how the digital forensics function complements the overall security efforts of the organization.
4. Evaluate the operational duties of digital forensic personnel and how these help qualify the integrity of forensic investigations within the enterprise and industry.
5. List at least three technical resources available to the digital forensics professional to perform forensic audits and investigations.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.