Topic: Practicing Corporate Social Responsibility
The assignment is designed for you to consider how a business might implement corporate social responsibility in their value chain.
1. Put on your entrepreneur hat! Assume the role as the founder of a fictional company. Describe (you may decide) what type of company, the location, and the societal variables relevant to your fictional company.
2. You know your value chain will benefit from implementing corporate socially responsible programs. You know the employees, customers, and societal environment will take notice and you will increase your company's competitive advantage. You have made the decision to improve your results by adding corporate social responsibility to your value chain's elements.
3. Explain how you will implement corporate social responsibility in your business.
o What do you need to know in order to decide what types of corporate social responsibility efforts will benefit your company? What expectations do you have related to costs and benefits? To what extent can your business demonstrate corporate social responsibility? What can you do without any cost or use of resources?
o What are the pros and cons of the corporate responsibility programs you are considering? Do the pros outweigh the cons? Explain.
o Conduct research to discover the answers to your questions.
o Describe how your business can demonstrate corporate responsible behavior. What will you do and how will employees, customers and society know?
4. The response should use first person perspective.
5. Compose a response of at least four paragraphs of 4-5 sentences per paragraph.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.