In this class, you will develop a research proposal based on a business, organizational problem, or topic that you want to explore.
Part 1: Types of Research
Discuss the following:
• Explain the differences between academic and business research approaches.
• Explain which research approach you as a researcher would choose (quantitative, qualitative, or business) for your particular research question/problem.
Part 2: Selecting a Research Topic
• Using the worksheets in chapter 6 (pp. 37-41) and the Web sites, examine how you would determine what area you will focus on for your research project and what questions you might be asking.
• Select your research topic.
• Utilizing the CTU Library, locate 1 peer-reviewed journal article that reports the findings of a qualitative study on or related to your research topic and 1 that reports the findings of a quantitative study on or related to your topic (you will need to cite both in your response). These articles will start to build your literature review and the rationale for your research project. For example, if you want to investigate starting an online business to sell your homemade product, you may have to use the bigger topic of selling online or starting a business for your quantitative and qualitative articles.
• Provide citations and references for your articles in accordance with APA guidelines, as needed and appropriate.
Part 1: Ethics in Research
Utilizing the Internet, CTU Library, and your textbook, choose 1 example of unethical research in a business setting, and discuss the following:
• Explain why research might be considered unethical.
• Explain what ethical considerations there are and how to avoid these issues in your research project.
• Explain what components are needed in the introduction to a survey to address ethical concerns.
Part 2: Preparing to Create Your Survey
Building on the organizational issue, problem, or topic that you identified in Unit 1, complete the following:
• Write 1 research question regarding that topic, in preparation for the assignments in Units 3-5.
• Create 5 survey questions that would help answer your research question.
• Write your hypothesis for your research question.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300-500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Literature Review of My Topic
Utilizing the Internet, CTU Library, and your textbook to support your research topic, choose 2 peer-reviewed articles in which previous research has been completed on your exact topic or areas closely related to your research topic.
• Summarize each research study. Compare and contrast the 2 articles' research studies.
• Explain how each article supports or refutes your research question and hypothesis.
Creating the Research Paper Introduction, Purpose of the Study, and Methodology
The required information for this Individual Project includes the following:
• Business, organizational problem, or topic
• Problem statement
Purpose of the Study
• One research question
• Hypothesis regarding the research question
• Rationale for selecting your proposed research strategy utilizing your two articles identified in unit 1 for support
• Research strategy that you will use to explore the problem
• Method for securing the sample population
• Method for delivery of the survey instrument
• Research instrument to collect data
o Include a copy of the actual survey, complete with the introduction to the study (including all of the ethical considerations that should be included in the survey introduction. See Ethical Concerns: Informed Consent in the Unit 2 M.U.S.E.).
The following information MUST be included:
• The business, organizational problem, or topic
• The problem statement
• The research strategy that you will use to explore the problem
• 1 research question
• Your rationale for selecting your proposed research strategy
• 1 research instrument that you will use to collect data
• A questionnaire or survey with at least 5 research questions for the study
o Survey example:
- What do you know about Brand X?
- Would you be willing to try Brand X if a free sample was available?
- If you answered yes to Question 2, please explain why.
- What is one of the most important features of a product for you?
- How do you decide what product to buy?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.