Assignment: Cause-Related Marketing
According to Perreault, Cannon, and McCarthy (2014), branding is the use of a name, term, symbol, or design, or a combination of these, to identify a product. Branding can have a significant impact on consumers when they are making buying decisions. For example, can you think of a common brand of orange juice? Coffee? Soda? Sneakers? Cleaning product? Now, when you think of each of these, do you also picture their logo? The likelihood is high that you do, and this is due to their strategic branding.
• Review the web article on cause-related marketing in this week's Learning Resources.
• Find a company that engages in cause-related marketing.
Submit your completed Assignment Template in which you address the following in 500-750 words:
• Identify the company you selected and describe its main products, target segments, and cause-related marketing activities.
• Explain how cause-related marketing impacts the company's image, positioning, and profitability.
• Evaluate this cause-related marketing strategy. Explain your rationale.
• Explain how the company's cause-related marketing might affect social change.
• Support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources and any additional sources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.