Organizational Behavior and Business Outcomes
In this Assignment you will apply the concepts you read about in Chapter 1 relative to both defining organizational behavior and the impact of organizational behavior on business outcomes. As you could see in our Discussions, many of the POLC functions of management are impacted by organizational behavior concepts.
The Assignment for this section is Case Incident 2: "Era of the Disposable Worker?" (Found at the end of Chapter 1 of your text). Please use the Assignment template found in Doc Sharing. "Unit 5 Organizational Culture." It will give you an idea of the general format for subsequent Assignments.
Submit the answers for questions 1-4 that follow the case incident.
Successfully completing the Assignment
• To successfully complete this Assignment, the instructor must be able to clearly identify where the answer for each of the four questions begins and ends. All four questions within this case incident must be completed.
1. To what extent can individual business decisions (as opposed to economic forces) explain deterioration in working conditions for many workers?
2. Do business organizations have a responsibility to ensure that employees have secure jobs with good working conditions? Or is the primary responsibility of business organizations to their shareholders?
3. What alternative measures of organizational performance, besides share prices, do you think might change the focus of business leaders?
4. What do you think the likely impact of the growth of temporary employment relationships will be for employee attitudes and behaviors? How would you develop a measurement system to evaluate the impact of corporate downsizing and temporary job assignments on employees?
• The minimum page count requirement for this Assignment is 2-3 pages in a Microsoft® Word® document using correct APA format and citation style; this does not include the cover page or the references page.