Assignment: CRITICAL THINKING
Search for and read competing views, as well as perspectives with which you find yourself readily agreeing. Be sure to base your final understanding on an accurate study of both sides of an argument, as well as on recognition of your own personal biases.
For this assignment, review the article provided, "Sadder and Less Accurate? False Memory for Negative Material in Depression."
Then, use Internet resources to find and select one professional journal article that presents an opposing view on this topic.
The assignment: (3-4 pages)
· Explain how the professional journal article you selected defends its opposing view from the original article.
· For each article, explain any biases, slants in opinions, and any other errors in logic that are present. Be specific and provide examples from the literature.
· Explain how, if at all, reading the opposing article changed your views on the topic presented in the original article.
· Explain the importance of applying critical thinking to the reading of psychological research and professional literature.
Joormann, J., Teachman, B. A., & Gotlib, I. H. (2009). Sadder and less accurate? False memory for negative material in depression. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 118(2), 412-417.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.