Assignment: Compensation Plan Outline
Using the same company you researched, evaluate the company's compensation plan to determine how it could be improved.
Write a six to eight page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate the existing compensation plan to determine if it is the most appropriate for your company. Explain your rationale.
2. Determine the most beneficial ratio of internally consistent and market consistent compensation systems for the company you selected.
3. Evaluate the current pay structure used by your company and assess the recognition of employee contributions.
4. Make two recommendations for improving the effectiveness of the discretionary benefits provided by the company you selected.
5. Evaluate the types of employer-sponsored retirement plans and health insurance programs provided by the company you selected and compare them to that company's major competitors.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Evaluate the effectiveness of traditional bases for pay (seniority and merit) against incentive-based and person-focused compensation approaches.
• Compare and contrast internally consistent and market-competitive compensation systems.
• Evaluate the role of benefits in strategic compensation.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in compensation management.
• Write clearly and concisely about compensation management using proper writing mechanics.