Assignment: Public Administration
As an intern for the United Nations, you are asked to develop a pamphlet for the international conference of the United Nations Office of Drug and Crime (UNODC) in New York City.
The main theme of the conference is to determine the best methods of public administration strategies and models in federal agencies in the United States, England, and Germany. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, as one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the United States, will represent the USA. Scotland Yard is the largest federal agency in England and their counterpart in Germany is the Bundeskriminalamt. These agencies are all law enforcement agencies with nationwide jurisdictions.
Be sure to include the following information in the pamphlet:
• Explain the crime rates for drugs, violent crimes, and human trafficking in each of these three countries.
• Critique the differences in the structure, hierarchy, and core values of these agencies.
• Evaluate the methods/concepts of funding, budgeting, and human resource systems of these agencies. Explain the challenges in managing resources allocated to reducing trafficking and other serious crimes.
• Recommend best practices to maintain ethical standards of behavior, while respecting cultural diversity and the political environment of each country. How could each country strive to lower crime rates?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.