Discuss the following:
Pay, Benefits, and Terms and Conditions of Employment
It is your responsibility as the HR Director of the same organization
a) Create policies regarding pay and benefits for the selected job opportunity
b) Develop methods for both addressing unionization and implementing OSHA regulations. You will present your findings to the Vice President of Human Resources for approval.
Review the following articles on contractors vs. employees and temp workers:
1. “Distinguishing Independent Contractors and Employees”
2. “The Expendables: How the Temps Who Power Corporate Giants Are Getting Crushed”
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation with fifteen to twenty (15-20) slides in which you:
1. Create a Wage and Hour standard for the job opportunity that you had selected in Assignment 2, and support your standard by using the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Equal Pay Act to prevent any potential discriminatory impact.
2. Decide on three (3) benefits required for the job opportunity using ERISA. Propose two (2) methods that the employer can use in order to manage the fiduciary duties wisely and with the employees’ best interests in mind. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Elaborate on two (2) rights regarding unionization that Section 7 of the NLRA guarantees. Next, examine two (2) unfair labor practices, and argue the importance of your organization refraining from using such practices during any self-organization and collective bargaining activities. Explore two (2) potential repercussions of an organization’s interference with self-organization and collective bargaining practices.
4. Propose three (3) ways to discourage employees from considering unionization. Then, compose one (1) strategy for championing a supportive and satisfying work environment within the organization.
5. Select one (1) OSHA violation case, and determine whether the resulting penalties were sufficient to deter the organization in question from repeating the same violative action. Justify your response.
6. Outline a plan for investigating workplace injuries, and formulate a policy that explains the process for filing a worker’s compensation claim within the selected organization.
7. Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
8. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources
Your assignment should follow these requirements:
a. It should Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from eighteen (18) feet away.
b. It should Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment. The title slide is excluded in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated are:
a. Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
b. Evaluate an organization’s physical environment and determine criteria that ensure occupational safety.
c. With the Use of technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.