This course project is designed for you to learn more about the lodging industry while having some fun at the same time. Your assignment is to design and to develop your own hotel. The following criteria needs to be followed:
1. Will you select a hotel franchise (brand) yes or no / why or why not?
2. How many rooms will your hotel have?
3. What will your hotel's ADR be?
4. Select an actual geographic location / market.
5. Decide what type of operating segment your hotel will operate under.
6. Develop the hotel's departments that will support the operations of the hotel.
7. Select specific amenities that will help distinguish your hotel's brand.
8. What type of management organization will your hotel possess?
9. What type of security features will your hotel have?
10. Evaluate your actual competition (strengths and weaknesses).
11. Establish a target market.
12. Establish a marketing plan for how you will attract the target market.
13. What are some of the current opportunities and issues that your geographic market possesses?
14. How will you turn a profit after several years in business?
Projects must 8 to 12 pages in length (this would be roughly 1 page per area included in the report), 12 point font, double-spaced, 1" margins, and include a cover page, table of contents, introduction, body of the report, summary or conclusion and works cited.
• Even though this is not a scientific-type writing assignment, and is mostly creative in nature, references are still very important. At least 6 authoritative, outside references are required (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable). These should be listed on the last page titled "Works Cited".
• APA format and citations are required.