Assignment: Multicultural Project Planning
PART 1- Can ethnocentrism in psychology research create multicultural biases? Why or Why not?
PART 2- What are some examples of ethical dilemmas that multicultural psychology researchers face? Which ethical dilemma is the most significant, and why?
PART 3- Review this week's course materials and learning activities, and reflect on your learning so far this week. Respond to one or more of the following prompts in one to two paragraphs:
1. Provide citation and reference to the material(s) you discuss. Describe what you found interesting regarding this topic, and why.
2. Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
3. Describe what may be unclear to you, and what you would like to learn.
PART 4- Choose one of the following scenarios and watch the accompanying video.
• You work for a refugee relief organization. You are given the job of setting up schools in Chechen refugee camps in Chechnya.
• Video: "Chechen Refugee Camps"
• You work for a humanitarian organization. You are asked to expand your organization into Iraq to aid in the country's rebuilding effort.
• Video: "Post War Conditions in Iraq"
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper about the challenges of planning the project.
Include the following in your paper:
• At least three topics that you would like to better understand before beginning the project.
• Describe ethnocentric challenges that may arise when planning the project.
• Discuss the types of questions the researcher should ask.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.