Assignment: Legislative Process Fall 2020
1) Why is the president often called the chief legislator? What are the president's Constitutional lawmaking powers? What can the president issue to get around congressional inaction to implement preferred policies?
2) Discuss the process of bureaucratic rulemaking and the power of the bureaucracy. What specific oversight powers does Congress have over the federal bureaucracy?
3) Explain the process of "advice and consent" in the Senate for confirming judicial nominees. Discuss how congress can check the judiciary in terms of policy and administration.
4) Discuss tactics lobbyists use to press for preferred policies. Explain iron triangles and how they work.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
(1) The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
(2) The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
(3) Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.