Assignment: PROJECT PLAN INCEPTION
Project Plan Inception
This assignment consists of two sections: a project introduction and a Gantt chart or project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
You have been made the Chief Information Officer and Chief Technology Officer (CIO / CTO) of an innovative e-Commerce start-up company that a venture capital group has funded. The CEO has given you sixty days to deliver an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company locating to a new facility. Since this is a start-up company, there is currently no building or technology infrastructure to support the business. All information technology (hardware and software) must be implemented in either a hosted solution, on-site solution or a hybrid model. The CEO is expecting you to integrate different technologies from different partners and incorporate industry best practices in connection with the development of technological systems. The new facility is a two-story stand-alone building. The company currently consists of ten employees with revenues of $5 million but is expected to grow to thirty (30) employees with revenue of $30 million over the next two years.
Section 1: Project Introduction
1. Write a four page project introduction that includes the following:
a. Background information of the company.
b. The type of business in which the company is involved.
c. A description of the information systems that the company should have to support the business. The description should include the following:
ii. systems analysis
v. computer infrastructure
vi. human computer interaction
vii. Web design
d. The use of at least two quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 2: Gantt Chart / Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project or an open source alternative, such as Open Project, to:
2. Create a Gantt chart or project plan (summary and detailed) template. The Gantt chart or project plan should:
a. Record all tasks, sub tasks, resources, and time related to the project.
b. Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
c. Develop in accordance with the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the various integrative functions and processes within the information systems area, including databases, systems analysis, security, networking, computer infrastructure, human computer interaction, and Web design.
• Demonstrate the ability to evaluate organizational issues with integrative technological solutions.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
• Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in the information technology domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.