As an assistant to Jane Melody, Sonic's chief marketing officer, you've been assigned to draft a mission statement for top management's review. This should cover the competitive spheres within which the firm will operate and your recommendation of an appropriate generic competitive strategy. Using your knowledge of marketing, the information you have about Sonic, and library or Internet resources, answer the following questions.
· What should Sonic's mission be?
· In what competitive spheres (industry, products and applications, competence, market-segment, vertical, and geographic) should Sonic operate?
· Which of Porter's generic competitive strategies would you recommend Sonic follow in formulating its overall strategy?
As your instructor directs, enter your answers and supporting information in a written marketing plan to document your ideas.
In this instance, Sonic is a fictional cell phone company.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.