In a business environment, controlling who has access to business information and at what level is critical for facilitating day-to-day business operations. The emphasis of Network Access Control (NAC) it to decide who or what has authorized permission to access resources on the network. In a new age of risks, it is important to re-identify access controls.
Scenario: You have been hired as an IT Security Specialist for a company called LOTR Experience. The leadership at LOTR has recently expressed concerns over various possible security issues. They would like you to be "a new set of eyes" and lead the efforts to review their current security protocols. As an expert in this field, your first task involves assessing NAC and providing a high-level assessment to leadership.
Review the following documents: LOTR Organization Chart, LOTR Network Design, and LOTR AD Design.
Write a technical assessment in which you:
1. Analyze NAC Best Practices and how these can be detrimental to LOTR, outlining goals for the following areas:
1. Endpoint Security
2. Direct Login
3. Remote Access
2. Determine what type of mechanisms will be used to enforce and monitor NAC controls and the frequency with which these should be implemented.
3. After assessing the LOTR Network Design, outline five (5) potential issues related to NAC that you see in the network's overall design (high-level overview).
1. Describe any operational risks that could affect business processes.
2. Describe the consequences of a threat or vulnerability to the infrastructure.
3. Recommend network changes that will implement the proper NAC controls.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.