Assignment: Planning A Software Development Project
Section 1: Written Project Plan
1. Determine the factors that must be considered and observed throughout the WBS development process and explain why.
2. Create a WBS for the scope of the project. Note: The WBS must be in indented format as shown in Figure 5.5B in Chapter 5 of the text.
3. Analyze the various activities required for this project and provide an estimate of duration for each activity based on the number of resources available for the project. Include assumptions and basis for each estimate.
4. Recommend the estimation technique that should be used for each activity (i.e., PERT, Delphi, Analogy, Expert Judgment, or Rule of Thumb).
5. Determine the major milestones that the project will encounter.
6. Describe the logical sequence of planned activities required to achieve the project and analyze how monitoring durations on the critical path influence the success of the project.
Section 2: Project Plan Use Microsoft Project to:
1. Document all resources that would be required for this project within the Resource Sheet form within the software.
2. List all the activities required for the project. Break down the activities by the major milestones.
3. Enter the estimate of required durations, dependencies, and assign resources for each activity.
4. Generate a Gantt chart that shows all of the project deliverables, from beginning to end.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.