Answer each question and provide support (citations and references) for your answers. You may use the textbook as support. Use correct citation and reference format, as well as correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Be sure to see the rubric on the class website. Please double space your Word submission. I have given suggestions as to page length, but this does not include the question itself. The entire assignment is worth 600 points. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Answer each of the three questions below.
1. You have read about conflict and negotiation and viewed videos on the topics. Using those, read the scenario and choose the two most desirable alternatives.
Juan is a module team leader; his module consists of four complex and expensive machines and five team members. The work is exacting, and inattention or improper procedures could cause a costly mistake or serious injury. Juan suspects that one of his men is taking drugs on the job, or at least showing up for work under the influence of drugs. Juan feels that he has some strong indications, but no proof.
If you were Juan, which of the following two options might you choose:
a. Confront the member: Say what you suspect, why, and that you are concerned for her/him and for the safety of the rest of the crew.
b. Ask that the suspected offender keep his habit off the job; what s/he does on the job is your business.
c. Not confront the individual right now; it might either turn her/him off or drive the evidence underground.
d. Tell the member that it is illegal and unsafe; if s/he gets caught, you will do everything you can to see that s/he is fired.
e. Keep a close eye on the member to see that s/he is not endangering others.
2. From answer #1, in about one page, choose one of the options that you believe would be the best and explain why. Be sure to support your opinions with citations. Be sure to define which style of conflict management or negotiation you are using and how successful you think your choice will be.Remember to put definitions and citations of the concepts that you use.
3. You are one of three members working on a project for class. All three of you are having problems deciding how to proceed with the project. In about one page, report how you would resolve this issue. Include the type of negotiation that you plan to use and your estimation of the chances of success by using it.Remember to put definitions and citations of the concepts that you use.
Answer one of the two following questions.
4. Think of an important decision that you have made during the past year or so. In about one page, discuss how your decision making matched (or did not match) each factor in decision-making processes, particularly problem solving, satisficing, and uncertainty. Remember to put definitions and citations of the concepts that you use.
5. If you were going to design an organizational structure for a new venture, in about one page discuss what elements would you consider most important to consider. Remember to put definitions and citations of the concepts that you use.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.