Utilize one or more specific methods of assessment with a client you are working with at your fieldwork site. Ask your site supervisor to assist you in selecting an assessment that is appropriate for your client and that is currently used at your site (such as the Beck Depression Inventory, Beck Anxiety Inventory, mental status exam, biopsychosocial assessment, ecomap, genogram, or another developed assessment instrument). If your fieldwork site does not use any methods for a formal evaluation process with clients, select at least one assessment tool that you believe would be appropriate for your client, and discuss its use with your site supervisor. A structured interview, biopsychosocial assessment, and genogram are less intrusive methods of assessment than using a developed instrument and should be discussed as possibilities with the site supervisor. Once you have permission from your supervisor to use this assessment method, set up a time to administer it with your client.
After you have collected client, couple, or family data using the various assessment tools given to you by your agency or organization (as well as any other assessment tool from your readings, with your site supervisor's approval), synthesize, summarize, and write your assessment of the client, in a 3-4 page paper that:
1. Offers a brief description of your client, couple, or family, omitting any personally identifying information.
2. Describes the rationale for using these particular assessment forms (that is, agency policy, diagnostic clarification, and so on).
3. Gauges the effectiveness of selected assessment tools in soliciting client data and facilitating interaction.
4. Identifies the strengths and limitations of assessment tools.
5. Discusses cultural characteristics that impact the selection and application of assessment tools.
6. Identifies the limitations of these tools in gathering data and building the helping relationship.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.