You will define leadership and identify the qualities of a good leader. Discuss whether leadership qualities are genetically acquired, or if they can be developed and mastered. Provide a rationale for your response, supported by examples from real-life leaders, professional literature, and/or your own personal experience.
Based on your reading and your experience, in a minimum of 400 words, respond to the following:
• Provide a definition of leadership and describe what qualities contribute to good leadership.
• Analyze the qualities that you think make a good leader and suggest ways of including these qualities in your leadership style.
• Discuss whether leadership qualities are genetically acquired or if they can be developed and mastered.
• Provide a rationale for your response, supported by examples from real-life leaders, professional literature, and/or your own personal experience.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Here is some literature you can use.
• Birgit, S., Kiefer, T., Kerschreiter, R., & Tymon, A. (2011). Teaching Implicit Leadership Theories to Develop Leaders and Leadership: How and Why It Can Make a Difference. Academy of Management Learning & Education, 10(3), p.397-408. (ProQuest document ID 866422098).
• Johnstone, M-J. (2013). Organizational and leadership ethics. Australian Nursing Journal, 20(10), 39. (ProQuest document ID 1350935115).