Activity Assignment: SWOT Analysis PowerPoint
Physicians and patients have been affected by development and implementation of Health Information Technology (HIT). There are many other healthcare professionals and venues affected by significant complexities and characteristics that make HIT implementation challenging. For example, standardized data formats are used to facilitate data portability, work culture barriers, system costs, training issues, and other matters. Some Emergency Medical Services (EMS) providers have begun to use a variety of portable Electronic Health Records to collect data at the scenes of patient incidents with systems designed to transmit data to receiving hospitals. Overall, however, achieving the Nationwide Health Information Network has been elusive due to administrative and technical difficulties.
To achieve the HIT goals of improving health care quality and reducing costs, extensive and rigorous work remains in the research and implementation arenas. Assume you have just graduated with your Master's degree and you have passed a series of interviews at the top hospital known as We Care Hospital. You are hired as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and your first task is to conduct a SWOT Analysis of the HIT system at We Care Hospital. Research the websites of your local hospital and determine their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats based on the ease of information, access for potential patients, and clinical quality features located on their website that identify the basic operations of the healthcare organization.
Then, prepare a Microsoft PowerPoint 10-slide narrative using a SWOT Analysis. A SWOT Analysis identifies strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in a situation. Review the video: Strategic Planning and SWOT Analysis. To help you prepare the narrative PowerPoint using Microsoft 365 and older versions, review video: Record a slide show with narration and slide timings.
Your 10-slide SWOT PowerPoint should follow this format:
1. Slide 1: Cover Page
1. Include the title of your presentation, your name, the course number and course title, your professor's name, and the date.
2. Slide 2: Background / Executive Summary
1. Describe the details of the situation. Use bullets with short sentences. The title of this slide should be Executive Summary.
3. Slide 3: Thesis Statement
1. Identify the focus of your research. The title of this slide should be Thesis Statement.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.