The security program has been a huge success. Several of the PCS government clients have expressed their appreciation and increased confidence in the company's ability to protect their program data and assets. Your company is now in the continuous monitoring phase and your information security analysts are performing routine assessments on the servers and workstations.
Based on your research for Unit 8-Identification, Authentication, Authorization, and Auditing :
1. Describe the importance of assessments in system and application security.
2. Describe some of the major challenges with this area of security and address why the job is never done.
3. Review the results of the vulnerability scan provided by one of your analysts for a client's system. Explain ten of the failures found on the client system and how the PCS security program prevents these problems on the corporate network.
4. Conclude by discussing the relationship between assessments and the importance it has in continuous monitoring.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.