Assignment: Management at a Company
Faculty will provide two to three companies for you to choose from for this assignment. Use Strayer University Library and the internet to research the selected company from its inception to current-day operations.
Write a five to six page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate two key changes in the selected company's management style from the company's inception to the current day. Indicate whether or not you believe the company is properly managed. Provide support for your position.
2. Explain senior management's role in preparing the organization for its most recent change. Provide evidence of whether the transition was seamless or problematic from a management perspective. Provide support for your rationale.
3. Evaluate management's decision on its use of vendors and spokespersons. Indicate the organizational impact of these decisions.
4. As a manager within the selected company, suggest one (1) innovative idea that could have a positive impact on both the employees and customers of the company. Indicate the approach you will take in implementing the new idea. Provide support for your suggestion.
5. Predict the selected company's ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the market environment. Indicate how open communication channels are critical for successfully implementing change in the organization. Provide support for your prediction.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the activities and skills associated with the planning function of management.
• Analyze the activities and skills associated with the organizing function of management.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in modern management.
• Write clearly and concisely about modern management using proper writing mechanics.