• Read about the development of responsibilities and competencies of health educators as presented in Chapter 6 of the Cottrell, Girvan, and McKenzie course text, and the "Health Education Credentialing: Health Educator Job Analysis Projects" reading found in this Learning Resources.
• Review the resources on certifications
• Consider how individual certification relates to quality assurance within a profession.
• Explore the various settings of public health education as presented and consider how the seven areas of responsibility are applied to these settings. To complete this Assignment, write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
• Summarize how the responsibilities and competencies of health educators have evolved over time and how the Competencies Update Project (CUP) of 2010 has helped to shape current professional standards in the field.
• Describe and compare and contrast individual certification opportunities available in the field of public health education (CPH, CHES & MCHES).
• Explain the significance of individual certification and program accreditation in the field of public health education. Include in your explanation potential barriers to obtaining both individual certification and program accreditation.
• Select any public health education setting from Chapter 7 of the Cottrell et al. course text and provide specific examples of how a public health educator working in that setting would fulfill all seven responsibilities.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.