1. Perform an industry analysis for each of IBM's top market segments: services, software, and hardware. Are these attractive industries? Why or why not?
2. Looking at IBM's RCCs, can IBM gain and sustain a competitive advantage? Why or why not?
3. Describe IBM's strategic shifts over the last 20 years. What lessons can be learned?
4. What are IBM's business and corporate strategies today?
5. How should IBM position itself to take advantage of current technology trends? Should IBM focus on a particular segment or try to maintain vertical integration?
6. What should IBM's offensive and defensive plan look like?