(My final paper topic: Is Juvenile Detention Really an Effective Rehabilitation Procedure?)
For this assignment, you will draft the literature review section of your Final Paper by utilizing research skills to locate appropriate scholarly sources that focus on criminal justice and related disciplines. You will need to cite no less than 15 scholarly sources in your Final Paper. As a result, most of those sources will occur within the literature review section.
A literature review can be envisioned to be very similar in tone to a traditional term paper. The literature review is just that: A review of relevant scholarly work related to the topic on which you are writing. In your paper,
- Describe any controversies, successes, political initiatives, policy changes, or anything you deem pertinent and important to a proper and thorough understanding of the topic of your evaluation proposal.
- Explain the impact of political and ethical issues associated with the program evaluation.
- Identify the impacts and issues that will be readily identifiable and those that could be inadvertent, affecting stakeholders after the completion of the proposed evaluation. (Not all unexpected impacts are negative, so it is entirely possible unintended outcomes could be beneficial. Make sure to include such happy accidents.)
The "Literature Review" assignment
- Must be formatted according to APA style.
- Must use at least 15 scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must include a separate references page.