For this assignment, the chosen healthcare facility is Cape Fear Valley in Fayetteville, NC.
The Session Long Project for this course is to evaluate and critique a health care facility you are familiar with and compare it to the general principles and standards for quality assurance presented in this course.
In the earlier modules you identified a health care facility for the subject of the SLP and presented a description of the facility and it's quality assurance program. You also critiqued the facility's Continuous Quality Improvement program, Utilization Management Program, and Case management Program.
In this module you will discuss and critique the subject facility's Risk Management program.
SLP Assignment Expectations
For this module you are to complete the following tasks in a 4- to 5-page paper:
• Describe and discuss the facility's Risk Management program. Do you feel their Risk Management program is adequate?
• Compare and critique the subject facility's Risk Management program to that of a model facility and whether the facility adheres to the recognized standard for risk management.
• Identify areas for improvement in the facility's Risk Management program, if any, and any recommendations you think should be implemented to lower risks in the facility. Give valid reasons for your answer.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.