Assignment: Bullying Paper
Growing numbers of school students-boys and girls of all ages-are victimized by bullies. In a recent survey, one-third of students in grades 6 through 10 said they were bullied in the past year. Cyber bullying is becoming more and more rampant in school and after school among teens and children. Social networking has provided an entirely new environment for bullying to take place. According to bullying statistics in 2010, there are about 2.7 million students being bullied each year by about 2.1 million students taking on the role of the bully. New bullying statistics for 2010 revealed about one in seven students in grades kindergarten through 12th grade is either a bully or has been a victim of bullying.
Read the section on Bullying in Chapter 8 of your textbook and watch the video in this module. Write a 2 page reflection paper addressing the following issues:
• Describe an instance where you remember being the victim, perpetrator, or witness of bullying, and how you handled the situation at the time.
• How would you respond if you were the parent of a child being bullied?
• If you were a school principal, how would you design and implement a bullying prevention/reduction problem at your school?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.