Essay Homework: U.S. History
The Eleventh Judicial Circuit and the Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association Black History Month Essay Contest
The Eleventh Judicial Circuit in collaboration with the Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association takes this time to celebrate the many achievements and contributions of Black Americans, who, throughout history, have done so much to make America the culturally diverse and prosperous nation we are today. During Black History Month, the Miami-Dade County Public Schools students can gain insight into the experiences of Black Americans and the vital role this community has played throughout our shared history.
Directions: You are to write an essay discussing the prompt below.
o The essay should include:
- An introductory paragraph with a thesis
- A body that has multiple paragraphs
- A concluding paragraph (conclusion) that wraps up your thoughts
o The essay must be typed
o Your essay should have a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 750 words
o Ideas to get started:
- List the important events of the year 2020
- Research how each of those events could have impacted the Black community
- Decide which are the most important to include in your essay
- Create an outline to organize how you want to discuss the events
- Make sure you are answering the prompt completely
- Begin to write and make sure you proof read! It is always good to have someone else proof read for you as well.
o Draft - Include your name at the top right of the paper and the prompt at the top of your essay.
o Turn into Teams when completed!
Essay Topic/Prompt: How have the events of 2020 impacted the Black community and its future within the American society?
Format your homework according to the following formatting requirements:
o The answer should be typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, with one-inch margins on all sides.
o The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
o Also include a reference page. The Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.