Assignment: Data Review Project Proposal
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
• Competency 1: Transformation: Facilitate a change process that effectively involves patients, communities, and professionals in the improvement and delivery of health care and wellness.
o Write a clear, one sentence problem statement for a proposed project.
o Identify key performance indicators and outcome measures for a proposed project.
o Develop proposed structures for the visual display of summarized raw data.
• Competency 2: Execution: Translate strategy to develop and maintain optimal organizational performance in health care settings.
o Write a concise, substantive summary of current and relevant authoritative literature.
o Combine clear, coherent, and original writing, in APA style, with relevant and credible evidence from the scholarly and professional literature.
• Competency 3: People: Create an organizational climate that values and supports employees and colleagues in health care settings.
o Articulate the value of a data review project to an organization and to one's professional health care leadership competency development goals.
Now that you have considered leadership and performance measurement in Units 1-3, incorporate the feedback you received in this unit's discussion into your draft proposal. Remember to use the Data Review Project Proposal Template and Project Management Timetable linked in the Resources and follow the instructions in both documents carefully.
Integrate instructor feedback on your proposal prior to sharing it with the prospective client.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your data review project proposal addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Data Review Project Proposal Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
• Write a clear, one sentence problem statement for a proposed project.
o State the issue in the form of a problem, and add a citation.
• Identify key performance indicators and outcome measures for a proposed project.
o Locate the authoritative sources for performance measurement.
• Write a concise, substantive summary of current and relevant authoritative literature.
o Cover the selected topic adequately in the summary.
o You are encouraged to visit the Capella University Library to confirm what sources constitute authoritative literature. The Library Research and Information Literacy Skills page linked in the Resources contains useful information on this topic.
• Develop proposed structures (for example, pie chart, graph, spreadsheet, and process map) for the visual display of summarized raw data.
o Reflect on what type of visual display structure will best fit your selected topic.
o Ensure that the data displays are clear and easily interpreted.
o Ensure that the proposed title includes the focus of the data, units of measurement, the organization's name, and time frame.
• Articulate the value of a data review project to an organization and to one's professional health care leadership competency development goals.
o Express main points, assertions, and conclusions clearly as well as effectively.
o Review the selected organization's website to determine its vision, mission, culture, strategic focus, and how they provide value to patients.
o Ensure that you understand what is meant by the term value proposition.
o Consider a strategic, systems perspective when you are contemplating value to the organization.
o What evidence do you have to support your conclusion?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.