Assignment: Hacking the AIS
In today's technology environment, hackers present a substantial risk to a firm's accounting or business system. As the result of these attacks, firms suffer huge losses, ranging from financial losses to losses in confidence by consumers, creditors, and suppliers. Firms may have made a significant investment in financial and non-financial resources to secure these systems.
For this assignment, research the Internet and select a company whose database systems have been hacked.
Write a five to seven page paper in which you:
1. Based on the information you researched, evaluate the level of responsibility of the company in terms of the effectiveness of the response to the security breach. Provide support for your rationale.
2. Imagine that the company that you researched uses a third-party accounting system. Assess the level of responsibility of the software provider to both the business and its clients. Provide support for your rationale.
3. Create an argument for additional regulation as a preventative measure against businesses being hacked. Provide support for your argument.
4. Provide at least three recommendations for businesses to secure their systems and assets from hackers. Provide support for your recommendation.
5. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.