Leadership Practice Papers
Incorporating feedback provided witheach draft round is essential to a stellar final paper. You will be writing three 3-page papers, double space. throughout the termthat will invite you to apply the leadership practices covered in our readings and course materials to your own life.
Reb, J., &Cropanzano, R. (2007). Evaluating dynamic performance: The influence of salient Gestalt characteristics on performance ratings. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92(2), 490-499.
1. Read Reb&Cropanzano's (2007) article on the influence of Gestalt characteristics on performance ratings (see reference above). Like many peer-reviewed journal articles, this article is a bit dense in areas. Focus your effort on understanding the concepts, findings, and theory presented in the introduction and discussion sections. Do your best to interpret the method and results sections, but don't worry if you don't understand parts or most of these two sections.
2. Write a 2-page, double-spaced reflection/commentary on the article using Times New Roman size 12 font and 1-inch margins.
3. In your commentary/reflection, address the following questions:
- What are some salient Gestalt characteristics when it comes to job performance?
- What did the authors find regarding trends in performance and their effect on performance ratings? What are the implications of these findings for real-life organizations and their managers?
- What can organizations do to make sure managers give accurate ratings?