Research legal cases on the Whistleblower Protection Act, False Claims Act, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act using online law libraries of your choice.
Create a 350- to 700-word paper, written in the third person voice, and answer the following questions:
1. Explain the components of the Whistleblower Protection Act and describe how it works.
2. What elements of law are important for Luke Sheldon to consider in advancing his case?
3. Explain the components of the False Claims Act and whether Luke Sheldon can benefit from this act.
4. What are the broader legal and ethical implications of this situation for the company under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act? What consequences can occur to the company?
5. What resolution to this situation might an effective Human Resource Director suggest?
Include justification for your responses by citing a minimum of 3 laws and a minimum of one legal cases in your discussion.
Relate the legal case you select to the issues presented in the case scenario.
Consider any strategic steps the company should take that should be addressed in your responses.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
You must use APA format
In a small town upstate, Gyro, Inc., has a chemical plant by the river. Luke Sheldon has been reassigned to waste disposal. His boss instructs Sheldon and his co-workers to dump 50% of the company’s toxic waste into the river. The boss explains that the economic crisis threatened the plant’s survival. Drastic cutbacks are necessary to save everyone’s jobs. Sheldon is the sole support for his wife and three children. There is no work with comparable wages in the region. Sheldon is considering becoming a whistle-blower. Discuss the issues involved